Hot yoga classes in Southampton
Since building her beautiful dedicated yoga studio in 2006, Meeta has taught up to three Hot Yoga classes a week. Currently, there is one hot class from 6:30 to 7:30 on Thursday evenings.
Hot Yoga classes can reach temperatures of 100of/38oc, so be prepared to sweat! The heat means you can get into postures more deeply and effectively, plus the benefits of the postures can be attained far quicker.
Why practice Hot Yoga?
The body burns more body fat during the class. The metabolism speeds up the breakdown of glucose and fatty acids and sweating promotes detoxification through the skin. Just as when your body raises its temperature to fight infection, the raised temperature in the room will assist in the proper functioning of your immune system.
The heat also encourages the muscles to stretch allowing for a wider range of movement in joints and ligaments of the body. Capillaries dilate in the heat more effectively, oxygenating the body and helping in the removal of waste products.
Hot Yoga Tips:
- Drink plenty of water prior to the class. At least 1 to 2 litres throughout the day is best
- Don’t eat a heavy meal 2 to 3 hours before class to prevent nausea.
- Respect those with allergies and don’t wear perfumed or scented products to class, as the heat and humidity will intensify the scent.
- If you ever feel nauseous, dizzy or tired during class, simply lie down on your mat and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the heat.
- Pretend you’re on a Caribbean island!
- Bring a towel
- Relax, breathe deeply, and most of all, have a great class!
Meeta teaches Hot Yoga at her Pentire Avenue, Southampton studio on Thursday evenings. 6.00-7.00
Class admission is £14 or £12 when paid in advance.
Please bring your own yoga mat and a towel to this class.
This class is busy please phone and book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Email: email@example.com Or Telephone: 07931503903